Involve every Juan, as we Learn as one


“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn” 

(Benjamin Franklin)


                     The NDRRMC conducted a Nationwide Simultaneous Earthquake Drill through the Office of Civil Defense, aimed at preparedness among the public amid the Covid-19 pandemic. Under the command of the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council, the Nationwide Simultaneous Earthquake Drill was done online on September 10, 2020. The drill was held via Facebook. But what is the importance of this online earthquake drill? Is it a must to participate and be a part of this Nationwide Simultaneous Earthquake Drill?

                Earthquake is any sudden shaking of the ground caused by a passage of seismic waves through Earth’s rocks. The Philippines frequently experiences earthquakes because it lies along the Pacific Ring of Fire. Thus, NDRRMC conducted the online National Simultaneous Earthquake Drill to teach and educate us on how to respond to an actual earthquake amid the Covid-19 pandemic. The effects of an earthquake are terrible and devastating, where buildings collapsed, a lot of people get killed or injured, various people lose their businesses, properties, and money as well as it makes us emotionally weak. But our government finds ways and continuously instills in the public the preparedness of earthquakes thus every Juan must actively involve, cooperate, and participate. One’s life is very important, we must unite in building a safe country for us to survive against the threat of an earthquake. The government cannot do it alone as Juan cannot. Knowledge and unity is indeed the key to build a safer, adaptive, and resilient community.

                This online Earthquake Drill educates every audience no matter where they are. Knowledge is power where in case of an emergency we can rely on our learnings and training by having regular practice drills on how to Drop, Cover, and Hold during an earthquake because practice makes perfect.


Resources:

Image by Spiritual Cleansing, Benjamin Franklin “Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn” quote, accessed on November 20,2020, retrieved from “Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn”.

Image by Care & Concerns (Pinterest), Drop, Cover and Hold image, accessed on November 20, 2020, retrieved from Drop, Cover and Hold.



Comments

Popular Posts