Unmasking Masked

           Hi everyone! I am Angelica Mae Alconcel a.k.a. Maymay. I am 15 years old, currently an SSC grade 10 student at Ilocos Sur National High School. I came in a family of four and I am the eldest sibling. I am just a simple farm girl who loves to cook 'pinakbet'. Who am I? maybe, there are little things that I have yet to find about myself, but I know what and who I am not.

“If I were to describe myself” as the line in the song 'Yes I am' of Mamamoo, I am a person with good and bad sides. I can be the kindest person, an angel perhaps, but I can also be your worst nightmare. I am an adventurous person, wanting to try every new thing. But on the contrary, I easily get hurt, be it physical or by words, and I admit I am sensitive at times. I take things seriously at times that I won’t repeat it when I get hurt. But at the end of the day, as I reflect on myself, as I judge myself, I’ll realize this is only a challenge to be accepted and done. I laugh at small things and I also cry quickly for petty things. I am a girl with many ambitions and big dreams. Since I was young I want to be a doctor who saves lives, because, for me, life is the most beautiful gift that God, our Lord, has bestowed us. I like the feeling of surrounded by my friends as I'm not triggered when I am alone, in the comfort of my own company. My hobby is playing guitar, loving the feeling as my fingertips run through the strings. Like life, when you’re not in tone, you just need to hear and accept the melodies of life and continue to thrive.

Every person has sides, as I have multiple sides, but that’s me, it completes me. A person who has a good side, a bad side, and flaws with a touch of uniqueness.




References: 

마마무 (MAMAMOO) - 나로 말할 같으면 (Yes I am) MV, Youtube, uploaded by Stone Music Entertainment, June 22, 2017. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue9NG1hAr78. Accessed October 20, 2020.

Comments

  1. Hi Maymay! The info of yourself in your blog is such an adorable and angelic as your name, Yes you are May! Always remind yourself that I am here, also with our friends to accompany you always. I hope to learn more of yourself of what you like and dislike the most as years goes by. Keep safe and keep soaring high!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah all of us have this two side, the good and bad. No one's perfect though all of us has flaws. Anyway I just noticed that we have the same dream of being a doctor and hobby of playing the guitar. Thanks for unmasking your mask.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts